Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 2--A Favorite Movie


"Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion.” –Truvy Jones

What is sweeter than a group of women who genuinely love each other?

Women who stand by one another through thick and thin, who understand the hardships and struggles of life and embrace each others flaws. What a unique group of women! These women each had their own struggles and battles, yet they showed one another continuous support and love. Through marriage, birth, death, divorce, and every other heartbreak and happiness that life throws at them, these women stand by each other.

I didn’t grow up in Chiquapin Parish, Louisiana; however, I was lucky enough to grow up surrounded by a group of women who are incredibly similar to the women in this movie. They all have different careers, goals, and families, but regardless of the situation they are always there for each other. They are always there to give an encouraging hug or bring over a casserole for dinner when someone has had a bad day. Constantly showing one another love and expecting absolutely nothing in return. There may not be a Truvy’s Beauty Parlor in Brandon, Mississippi, but there are houses throughout Crossgates that serve the same purpose. There is always an open door with a glass of tea, cup of coffee, or a cold diet coke along with incredible advice and a support system that surpasses anything I’ve ever seen. A group of women who can cry together, laugh together, and together take on the challenges of life.

I have one amazing sister of my own who I absolutely adore, and I currently live in a house with 58 incredible sisters who mean the world to me. And I hope that when I’m all grown up and have children of my own I am still surrounded by strong, Godly women who will love me like my mother’s friends love her. Regardless of where life takes me, I pray that God will surround me with women who will constantly challenge me and encourage me to grow; that He will give me friends to hold me up during the storms of life and rejoice in my triumphs.

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 (favorite KidsKamp verse ever)


Peace&Blessings

1 comment:

  1. i am one of the blessed ones who has your mom as a faithful friend all of these years...beautiful, meg!

    ReplyDelete